BUYING PROCESS: The M.O.
- The Frisk: After registering with UBA, you will have access to all of our online auctions as well as our Warehouse Items. Nearly every upcoming Auction Event will have a short, 1-3 day Preview Period prior to the start of the Auction. The Preview allows you, the bidder, to frisk the event to see what, if any, items you are interested in bidding on. This Preview Period will highlight key items in the upcoming Auction Event. In most but not all cases, all auction items will be available for preview. We encourage all interested bidders to preview the items in person, but for those of you unable to do so, an Auction Inventory will be available online for you to peruse. Potential bidders should THOROUGHLY read over all descriptions, details, and terms of sale before considering to bid. Terms of sale will be posted online during the Preview Period.
- The Bid: Bidding is super easy once you are registered. Simply visit the online Auction Event of your choosing, register to receive notifications from the Event if you wish, and scroll through the online Inventory Catalog. To place a bid, simply click on the BID NOW button. You will be required to bid the next highest bid increment at the least. You may choose to bid higher than the required increment. You may also select the My Best Offer tab and input the highest amount you would be willing to spend on the individual item. This will save you time and the hassle and fear of wondering if you will be outbid. Our site will automatically bid up to your My Best Offer price. If someone bids above your MBO, you will be notified by email. In fact, any time you are outbid on an item you will receive an Outbid Email from UBA notifying you to bid again if you so wish. Some Event Auctions will have items featuring a Buy It Now. The Buy It Now feature is not a standard feature on UBA Event Auctions. Sellers have the option to use this feature if they have a set price in mind for which they would sell certain items.
- When the Hammer Falls: At the conclusion of each Auction Event, your account will be immediately charged for the entire amount of your winning bids. Please be sure that you have the proper funds available to purchase all the items on which you have won. This is the most basic Bidding Responsibility of each bidder. A 10% Buyers Premium will be added to each total purchase, so, if your final winning bids add up to $100, upon check out you will pay $110. Why a Buyer’s Premium? Check out the reasoning here.
- Pick-Up Artist: In the majority of cases, all purchased items must be picked up from the physical location of the Auction Event. There may be cases where the shipping of items will be permitted at the cost of the purchaser. All shipping, handling, and insurance fees will be the responsibility of the purchaser with the total cost being added to the Bill of Sale. Pick Up times will be posted at the top of the Auction Event page and will be expected to be adhered to. When picking up your winnings, be sure of the following:
- You have the proper size vehicle
- You have the proper amount of help
- You have the proper tools if necessary
- You allow yourself enough time to move and load up before the Pick-Up window closes
- For larger items, it is suggested but not required that professional movers are hired by the Buyer to help remove the items won
- Please read the Terms & Conditions of each Auction carefully as not adhering to the above listed Buyer Responsibilities may result in the forfeiture of your sale and the loss of your hard-earned money
- Please understand that, for insurance purposes, no UBA staff member is legally allowed to help move or load any items once they are purchased.
- Understanding these expectations and responsibilities will enhance your bidding experience with UBA and allow us to continue to grow, which will, in turn, allow us to offer our customers ever increasing uniquely better auctioning experiences.
A notice to our members:
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. The specific actions and account activities that you or any other user of this computer/browser may take include:
- Bid, buy or make an offer on an item
- View the My Account Page including your Profile, Bid History, and Auctions
- Make edits to your Account Profile
- Retract Bids, contact Customer Service, access Payment Information
If you attempt to change your password, User ID, update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you may be required to enter your password.
You can typically end your session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.