UBA is committed to your privacy. This privacy notice explains our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. UBA does collect some personal information in order for persons to utilize our services. Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information is necessary to enter into our User Agreement. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as the bidding, buying or selling information needed to conclude a transaction.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your Watch List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers)
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates)
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, within a dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information
Personal information collected from other sources
- We supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in an applicable jurisdiction, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws
- Social Media: We allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see Cookies and Similar Technologies below.
Like most sites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a “device”) that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, and to recognize you across devices.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers, and similar technologies we use to collect information (e.g. about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on our Services, within our advertising or e-mail content) may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:
- Cookies – Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options
- Web beacons – Small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior
- Similar technologies – Technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies for storing information to target advertising to you on or off our sites
We may use the terms “cookies” or “similar technologies” interchangeably in our policies to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above.
We offer certain site features, services, applications, and tools that are available only through the use of these technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application, or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your browsing session. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable these technologies, please review your browser or device settings.
Generally, these technologies allow our sites, services, applications, and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems. Where applicable, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to help ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that is designed for interpretation only by us. We do not store any of your personal information on any of our cookies or other similar technologies.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies is first obtained through notice and consent: We obtain your consent by providing you with transparent notice of use of the technologies and, to the extent described herein, providing you with the opportunity to make a choice to disable these technologies.
Our uses of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt-out of all other types of technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Use of these technologies by authorized third-party service providers
We may work with third-party companies, commonly known as service providers, who are authorized to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on our sites or in our services, applications, and tools with our permission. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience.
You may encounter cookies and tracking technologies from our third-party service providers, including but not limited to (1) Facebook to provide advertising services through Facebook’s advertising and marketing platforms (e.g., Audience Network, Website Custom Audiences) and other social networking plug-ins or marketing tools, and (2) Google to provide advertising services through Google’s advertising and marketing platforms (e.g., DoubleClick for Publishers, Google DoubleClick AdX Service, Adwords). Facebook and Google may use the personal information that they have collected about you on our sites pursuant to their own privacy policies:
Facebook Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
With the exception of the use of such technologies by our service providers or other authorized third parties, we do not permit any third-party content on sites (such as item listings, member-to-member communications, classified listings, comments, reviews, etc.) to include or utilize any cookies, web beacons, local storage, or similar technologies for tracking purposes or to collect your personal information for their own purposes. If you believe a listing or other third-party content might be collecting personal information or using tracking technologies on one of our sites, please report it to email@example.com.
Ad networks and exchanges operated by authorized third parties
For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit one of the following third party websites:
Your Online Choices http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN (available in English only)
Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#completed (available in English only)
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our site, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
- We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications
- When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement and as authorized by applicable law. Message and data rates may apply
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- We use general location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content)
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- To enforce our User Agreement, this privacy notice, or other policies, and to monitor restrictions on offers to buy or sell outside of UBA and member-to-member communications for violations of our policies or applicable laws
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law
- Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services. This could include an invitation to join a petition, letter writing, call or other sort of public policy related campaigns
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates)
- Measure sellers’ performance
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications
How do we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. For more information about staying safe while buying and selling online, or to report an issue with your account please contact us at info@ubauctions .com.
Other important privacy information
When you share your personal information on our site:
Other users have access to the information you share on UBA. For example, other users can see your bids, purchases, your saved Auction Events, the sellers and Auction Events you follow, and any and all associated comments. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile.
When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public UBA activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our site may refer to your public user ID. If you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may then be able to identify your UBA activities.
To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ and sellers’ contact, shipping and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in an Event Auction, they have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and shipping information.
Your responsibilities over transactional information you receive through UBA
When you transact with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as their name, account ID, email address, contact details, shipping and billing address) to complete the transaction. Independent from us, you are the controller of such data, and we encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect their privacy. In all cases, you must comply with the applicable privacy laws and must give the other user a chance to remove him/herself from your database and he/she a chance to review what information you have collected about him/her.
You may use the personal information that you have access to only for UBA transaction-related purposes, or for other services offered through UBA (such as shipping, fraud complaints, and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the information relates. Using personal information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you or you purchased something from him/her, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our User Agreement. To report UBA-related spam or spoof emails please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may scan messages automatically and check for spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious activity, illegal or prohibited content or violations of our User Agreement, this privacy notice or our other policies.
Our website is a general audience website and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws. It’s recommended that only those 18 years of age or older bid on items at an Event Auction.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party or visit a third-party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are bidders or sellers on our site.
If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice or our information handling practices, you can reach us at email@example.com or by writing to us at UBAuctions PO Box 115 Palmyra, PA 17078 or by calling 1.717.553.7730.